We’re Here For You!
UPDATE: May 21, 2020
To All Our Patients And Your Loved Ones
We wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you and hope you are safe and managing to find a silver lining during these unusual times. It is remarkable how we have all had to adapt to protect ourselves and each other.
We miss seeing your smiling faces and can’t wait to see you soon because... WE ARE OPEN. Governor Abbott has authorized the re-opening of dental practices. We will continue to closely monitor the CDC, ADA, state and local authorities for recommendations to ensure the highest level of protection of our patients and as of May 11th, we have resumed our normal office hours. Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm.
To provide the safest environment for our patients, we have implemented the following precautionary measures as directed by the CDC:
Updated Scheduling Process
- An updated scheduling precess to ensure social distancing in our reception room. Visitors to the practice will be limited to only those essential for the patient’s physical and emotional well-being and care.
Patient and Visitor Safety
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a face mask or cloth face covering while in the office, to perform frequent hand hygiene, and to restrict their visit to the patient’s room or other designated area.
Staff and Patient Screening
- We will be assessing each patient and team member’s risk for infection with a questionnaire prior to entering the office with our “Curb-side Reception Area.” When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle and text or call us to let us know you have arrived.
Strict Hand Hygiene
- All patients, visitors and team members will be required to follow strict guidelines for hand hygiene.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Gowns, gloves and eye protection are required for all team members. Clinical team members will wear N95/KN95 masks (or equivalent), gloves, full face shields and disposable gowns.
- We have placed HEPA filters in the HVAC system as well as suction units to substantially reduce aerosols.
Updated Cleaning protocols for patient and visitor areas
- We will continue to follow the CDC’s recommendations for cleaning, sterilizing or disposing of items. As always, handpieces and instruments will be cleaned, followed by heat-sterilization after each patient as per manufacturer’s and CDC guidelines.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures using EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant will be performed in clinical areas between each patient and to frequently touched surfaces or objects throughout the office. Surfaces such as door handles, chairs, desks and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
Stay healthy, eat well, exercise, get lots of sleep and of course….. Floss your teeth!
Scott D. Thompson, DDS and your Dental Care Team