WELCOME NEW PATIENTS
At Thompson Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we enjoy getting to know our new patients. Our team is committed to building relationships so we can partner in your dental care for years to come. Because your comfort is very important to us, we believe that you should be able to receive care with the least amount of stress possible. We will provide you with effective and safe ways to help you relax and help make your first visit a pleasant one.
New Patient Exam
The new patient exam is your introduction to Thompson Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. We are here to listen to your dental concerns and provide excellent comprehensive dental care in professional and comfortable surroundings. Our strength lies within our dedicated and highly trained team. Our team is the key tool behind our advanced technology, and we stand behind every treatment we perform.
What can I expect at my first exam?
- We will take time to get to know you, as well as your likes and dislikes, regarding past dental care.
- We will carefully review your medical history and past dental history.
- We will conduct a thorough examination including a screening for oral cancer and periodontal (gum) disease.
- We will, depending on your exam results, take any necessary x-rays and photos, and then examine your teeth for TMJ function, loose teeth, or bone loss.
- If there are no extensive gum treatments to discuss, we will complete a thorough cleaning and provide recommendations for daily oral hygiene.
- After your examination, we will discuss any future treatment plans and answer any questions you may have.
- We will go over financial options and help schedule any upcoming appointments.
Please allow plenty of time for us to address all of your dental care needs. We are excited to partner with you to create the healthy smile you've always desired. We look forward to welcoming your family to ours, Thompson Family and Cosmetic Dentistry.
! If you have had dental x-rays taken within the last 12 months, please let us know before your examination so we can help you request your dental records.